Here are some of my recent papers and works in progress:
[Penultimate draft of a paper publishes in The European Journal of Philosophy Vol 21 (2013). See published version for citation purposes.]
[Penultimate draft of a paper published in Faith and Philosophy Vol. 21 (2011). See published version for citation purposes]
[Penultimate draft of a paper published in The Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain Vol. 61 (2010). See published version for citation purposes.]
[Penultimate draft of paper published in Inquiry Vol. 50 (2007)]
- "The Exemplification of Rules: A Critical Appraisal of Pettit's Response to the Problem of Rule-Following"
[Penultimate draft of a paper published in International Journal of Philosophical Studies Vol. 20 (2012). See published version for citation purposes.]
[Work in progress. Please do not cite without permission.]
Any comments on this work are very welcome
- "Recent Work on Kierkegaard", review article for British Journal of the History of Philosophy (2014).
[Reviews Kierkegaard, Communication and Virtue by Mark Tietjen, Kierkegaard: Exposition and Critique by Daphne Hampson; The Paradoxical Rationality of Søren Kierkegaard by Richard McCombs. Published version here.]
- Bibliographical article on Søren Kierkegaard, Oxford Bibliographies Online (published online, Spring 2013).
- Review of Stokes and Buben eds. Kierkegaard and Death, British Journal for the History of Philosophy (2013)
- "Reconsider the Lilies", piece on Kierkegaard for the Times Literary Supplement (May 2013).
[Briefly reviews Self, Value and Narrative: A Kierkegaardian Account, by Anthony Rudd; and two books by George Pattison: Kierkegaard and the Quest for Unambiguous Life and Kierkegaard and the Theology of the Nineteenth Century]
- Review of Michael Theunissen, Kierkegaard's Concept of Despair, in Journal of Moral Philosophy 5 (2008)
- Review of Rick Anthony Furtack, Wisdom in Love: Kierkegaard and the Ancient Quest for Emotional Inteqrity, in Philosophy in Review (2006)